Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Keeping In Mind Our Mother Tongue

            English, Spanish, British, Italian or Filipino, from which language are you in?
Are you of what language you are using? Of course yes. ‘coz for me ; yes I am.
            I am a Filipino. I use the common language of the Filipinos, the “tagalong”. I was born in manila that’s why this language embraced my tongue. I use this language all the time, why not? All the people around me also use this. We share thoughts through communicating using our own language. We feel free about using it ‘coz we could express everything through it. Though I know, for others they’ll feel more free about their heritage but for me of course I’m a Filipino, I’m free to choose what language I will use.
            There is the time that I need to transfer to another place because of some sort of family matters. It is Vigan city; home for the heritage of the Ilocanos. At first I’m very unfamiliar just from the way they do things to the way they talk. I can’t understand them for a couple of months but as time goes by, slowly, I learned about their dialect. Even though they talk to me in Ilocano, (and I understand them of course) I still use what language my heart feels free to express to.
            Learning other languages or dialects are not prohibited but as you learn new languages, try also to learn to be proud of what language or dialect you are in. be proud of the heritage, be proud being a person who knows how to express through your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment